Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome!

At Decatur County History we will celebrate the past, present, and future of Decatur County, Indiana. We'll remember the people who built and shaped our county, the places we have loved (and the places we have lost), our celebrations, and our struggles. We'll explore it all, from Main Street Greensburg to the tiny towns that rarely make it on the map.

This blog will be a place to share your thoughts, photos, and memories of Decatur County. It will be a place to reconnect and remember. It will also be a place to learn how you can trace your own family's history, and share what you find.

Once a month, we will post an historic photo of Decatur County. If you have a photo or postcard you'd like to share, please contact us to tell us a little bit about it, and we'll be in touch with you soon!

G. H. S. Season '11 - '12 Champs
Do you see any familiar faces in this 100-year-old Greensburg High School photo? If you recognize anyone or have any additional information about this photo, please leave a comment or contact us!

3 comments:

  1. I think that is Russell Wilhoit coaching the team. No, oh well. This site is great and I hope to see and learn many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same picture in my possession and I believe one or two of the girls are Fenley children. Mattie and or Lib Fenley the daughters of Mary Elizabeth and William Denton Fenley. The front row second from the right looks like Mattie and the back row far left looks like Lib Fenley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that I am wrong about the information I just posted because those two girls died before 1911. I'm not sure why I have this picture?

    ReplyDelete

We value your comments! Thank you!