Saturday, August 23, 2014

More to come on Oscar Ewing

For those of you who are following the blog posts on the incredible life of Oscar Ewing, I have come to his political career and I keep finding new information.  I am torn on how to present a few items that Oscar Ewing tackled in his time.  I am finding that he was at the time and is still controversial in his thinking.  Initiating Medicare for the elderly was not unlike The Affordable Care Act today.  I have discovered several parallels.  He was also controversial for advocating the fluoridation of municipal water.  I hope you will bear with me as I try to put the 1940's and 1950's in some semblance of order and present to you in concise form.  In the meantime, I will continue to try to keep you entertained with vintage pictures and articles.

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2012/08/20/archives/really-want-socialized-medicine.html/attachment/healthcare-19490528-spencer-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

We value your comments! Thank you!